About the job
CLOSING DATE 17 MARCH 2023.
NOTE: Please ONLY apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
The workshop supervisor is responsible for the management of workshop staff and ensuring that all workshop activities are carried out in an effective and safe manner.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are enforced and adhered to.
- Planning and allocation of day-to-day workshop activities.
- Manage teams’ performance in achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) i.e. on time delivery, cost of quality.
- Continual evaluation of workshop employee’s performance levels.
- Identify training requirements and work with management to generate training plans.
- Provide coaching and guidance to all workshop personnel.
- Participate and delegate responsibility in all HSE related initiatives (Hazard Hunts).
- Carry out daily kick off meetings and toolbox talks.
- Prepare Material Requisitions (MR’s) for all workshop and Work Order related supplies and equipment.
- Review and ensure that Work Orders, Route Cards, ITP’s and Quality plans are clear, concise and completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee and provide guidance during trouble shooting and root cause analysis (RCA) processes.
- Assist management with administrative duties as and when assigned.
- Prepare cost estimate sheets to be used in the quoting process.
- Interact with customers and work closely with the planning team to provide timely updates on customer equipment repair status and 3rd party vendor repairs.
- Monitor and control all Work Order and workshop costs.
- Oversee the work of 3rd party contractors to ensure safety as well as operating and quality standards are met.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and workshop tooling is kept in optimum condition.
- Propose, initiate, encourage and take part in workshop improvement opportunities.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Decision Making
- Priority setting
- Customer focus
- Verbal and written Communication
- Diploma in related field or relevant work experience.
- 4-5 years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Repair processes, inspection methods, overhaul of NOV Rig Floor Equipment.
- Oil & Gas industry exposure
- English speaking
- Rig Floor Equipment operation and repair
- Decision Making Supervisory skills preferable
- Repair experience on NOV Rig Floor Equipment.